YW CARES Program
The YWCA created the YW CARES Program in order to serve victims, of any crime, between the ages of 17-24 in Sullivan County, Tennessee. The YW CARES Program is here to provide programs and resources that help victims of crime identify and manage trauma. It is the goal of the program to provide safe and compassionate care. This includes, but is not limited to, physical, emotional and spiritual support.
The purpose of The YW CARES Program is to serve victims’ immediate need for resources and reassurance, no matter if it’s in the middle of the night or on the weekend. Crimes don’t just happen during business hours, Monday through Friday, so we’re going to connect victims with necessary counseling, medical treatment, legal advocacy, and other therapeutic programs as soon as possible.
YW CARES Program Services:
- Serving victims of crime between the ages of 17-24, in Sullivan County, Tennessee
- Immediately connecting victims with an Advocate
- Building a strong support network
- Providing transportation and support to Court Hearings, medical appointments, and more
- Providing emotional, spiritual and physical support
- Connecting victims with other community service providers
- Offering services to promote self-care such as, self-defense class, yoga classes, pet therapy, hiking groups, etc.
If you are interested in learning more about how you or your organization can get involved with this project please contact Megan Parks at 423-956-2300 or email email@example.com
This project is funded under an agreement with the State of Tennessee.