29th Annual Call for Nominations
yw tribute to women
YWCA NETN and SWVA invites you to nominate an exceptional woman for a YW Tribute to Women award.
For the past 29 years, Tribute to Women has been honoring Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia women who NURTURE, EMPOWER, or TRANSFORM their community. This program recognizes 3 award recipients, from each of the nomination categories, at an inspirational banquet and serves as the YWCA’s largest corporate fundraiser.
Organizations are encouraged to nominate a woman by February 14, 2020, for this prestigious award. Women residing or employed in the geographic service area of YWCA NETN & SWVA. (See map.)
The nomination process is simple:
- Complete the nomination form and short-answer questions.
- Submit the nomination materials by February 14.
Mail: 106 State Street | Bristol, TN 37620
- Celebrate your nominee’s accomplishments!
Every nominee will receive a certificate of recognition, and award recipients will be honored at a banquet in Spring of 2020.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for any company interested in regional marketing. For more information, please contact the YWCA at 423.968.9444.
Candidates for the YWCA Tribute to Women award must possess the following attributes:
- The qualities of an effective leader in her field
- Significant growth and achievement in her area of expertise
- Evidence of her impact and contributions within her organization or the community
- Employment or contributions in the geographic service area of the YWCA NETN & SWVA. (See map above.)
- Candidates may only be nominated once a year. If multiple organizations are nominating, please list below
- If selected as a Tribute recipient, the candidate must attend the awards banquet
Please note: Current members of the YWCA Board, Staff, Junior Board, Board Committees or Tribute to Women Steering Committee may not be nominated.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: FEBRUARY 14, 2020
HOW TO CREATE A STRONG NOMINATION...
- Ask your candidate for permission to nominate her.
- Spend a few moments with her to gather information for the form, including her full name, address, title, etc., as well as her activities, honors, and affiliations. Ask for a copy of her resume, if she has one, and a brief story that illustrates her contributions.
- As you draft responses to the application questions, paint the big picture of your nominee’s greatest accomplishments and support the overall picture with specific details about her contributions. All Tribute judges live and work out of the states of Tennessee and Virginia. The only way they can get to know your candidate is through your words.
- While many nominees have accomplishments in several areas, be sure to emphasize your candidate’s achievements in only one selected nomination category: Nurture, Empower, Transform.
- Emphasize your candidate’s leadership qualities, personal growth, level of achievement, and the positive impact her efforts have had on others.
- Submissions are due to YWCA NETN and SWVA, 106 State Street, Bristol, TN 37620, by February 14, 2020. Nominations can be mailed, hand delivered, emailed, faxed or submitted online at www.ywcatnva.org/nominations/.
- Forms must be filled out completely and signed by both the nominator and nominee.
- Unsigned forms will not be accepted. If submitting online, please complete the e-signature with approval from the nominee.
- Attached responses should be no more than 300 words per question. Please use 12 point font or larger.
Questions? Contact Allison Linder at 423.968.9444 or email email@example.com